Through collaboration, engagement, and innovation, the Division of Student Affairs
creates understanding, respectful, and flexible work environments to support employees
both inside and outside of work, resulting in staff members who are dedicated, productive, and satisfied.
The Division of Student Affairs provides opportunities and resources for staff members to manage their work lives and their lives outside of work by promoting:
- policies, practices, and programs that foster respect and support for the whole person;
- an understanding that when, where, and how work gets done can be fluid, flexible, and adaptive;
- work spaces which are tailored to enhance effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction.
- collaboration and ongoing dialogue about work-life in each department; and
- ways that staff can stay informed about, and actively participate in, divisional and university-wide programs and opportunities.
(in accordance with the Exempt and Nonexempt Memorandums of Understanding)
Stay on top of Work-Life in Student Affairs with our Work-Life newsletter.
"I was attracted to the University of Maryland because of Student Affairs' focus on Work-Life balance"
- from a new staff member who started with us in August 2014